Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ENK show and my 3 new obsessions

ENK show is a professional fashion trade show. What does that means? it's where buyers who buy wholesale for stores, boutiques or chains can go and see next season's collections by thousands of brands and designer and place orders for their stores.

It's set like a gigantic mall \ craft show with a lot of boots by both emerging individual designers, established brands and everything in between.

I love going to the trade shows, yes, it's not glamourous or dramatic as fashion week, but I get to see how trends translate into actual wearable cloths, I get to talk to designer and get to know about brands who aren't established enough to put on a runway presentation, and I get to start planning what I want to buy for next season.



I think that out of last week's show, those were my top favorites. 




Raffi Cashmere 
Cashmere saves me every single NYC winter. It's cold here, and it it wasn't for cashmere, which is very warm even when knitted to a very thin knit. 
Raffi Cashmere is a company owned company that makes very basic pretty sweaters with interesting details. The type of sweaters that are going to look great fall, winter and spring and that will never go out of style.

My gray sweatshirt from a couple of years back is starting to fray and I think that a gray cashmere sweater might just be the best upgrade ever.  




Tucker
I have a tucker dress from a few years ago, I got it at a second hand store and every time I wear it I feel stylish and girly. Tucker is known for their whimsical adorable prints and slightly vintage inspired cuts. They design and manufacture in NYC, which as far as I'm concern, merit a medal or award or something.

I adore this periwinkle armadillo dress.  






Byron Lars - Beauty Mark
I haven't seen anything this creative in fashion in a really long time. Byron lars manage to go totally overboard with creativity while still keeping it pretty and wearable. He combine high-tec scuba fabrics with traditional embroidery, glamourous sequence with earthy burlaps and super sweet with super sexy.





No comments:

Post a Comment